Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Grace Happens

I hate to start reviews on a negative note, but on this one I'm going too, because it gets better rather than worse. As I was reading I assumed from the author's (Jan Czech's) voice that the main character, Grace, was about 11 or 12. It turns out she was actually 15 which changed the book a lot. It was odd for me to "watch" or read a 15 year old have a temper tantrum. Aside from the slight voice issues Grace Happens was a nice quick read. The story wasn't too complicated, but definitely had me wondering how it was going to pan out. I rated it a six and for anyone 5th grade and up.
The premise of Grace Happens is about a girl (Grace) who has been raised by her movie star mother, never knowing her father, never having real friends, and never living in a real home. Finally when her mom decides to go to her old home town, the secrets of both her mother and Grace's own past start coming to the surface.
-Jojo

No comments:

Post a Comment